PC will not Power Up.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chicopet18

I just installed a new P4M800PRO-M mother board to a new ATX tower and put in a new 350 PSU with all new components i.e memory 512 ram 160 HD , cd and it will not power up. The CPU Fan turns a little bit but is stops wwhen I turn on the power on Tower and the light turns on indicating there is power but PSU will not turn on. What is your suggesting, what should I do next?

more power try a 450 watt power supply.. not sure how many fans you have running or how many watts your Motherboard needs but that sounds like the problem from first glance

Sounds more like heat synch fan is not properly set in the board and a side is loose.

What processor are you using, and are you using the standard Intel processor cooler?

chicopet18

I'm using a 775 Socket used. The fan will turn but just a little and it will stop but the PSU will not turn on.

It used to happen to me once. I had renewed the case and it works. Why don't you uninstall all the hardware, put it on top of some hard board paper, the assembly it again and try. If it still not works, check how you configure you DRAM timing and all those things.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online