1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC Windows 8.1 Display Driver

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by ComputerGuy22, Jul 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ComputerGuy22

ComputerGuy22 Thread Starter

My Pc suddenly say Display Driver stopped responding and has recovered and sometime just restarts but then goes to sleep mode and that was on sunday and manange to fix it but that error just shows up at random. my cousin told me it was because my motherboard was starting to fail and i also searched in the internet other reasons like a lot of programs and applications are running and stressing the gpu or overheating gpu i dont know which of there are causing my pc to go nuts

Attached Files:

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

When was the last time you checked for updated Nvidia drivers? You definitely don't have the latest iteration. Also, the idea of a failing motherboard causing such an issue seems far-fetched to me.

3. ComputerGuy22

ComputerGuy22 Thread Starter

I checked my Driver and its in the latest version of campatability which is Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 TI V21.23.13.9135 3/23/2018. and if you think this is not the latest version can you please tell me where i can do

4. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

Okay, let's look at the drivers. Go here and download the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU). Do not run it straight away. Go to the GeForce site and ensure you have a copy of the latest drivers package downloaded. I would also recommend downloading the previous version of the driver package.

Once all that's done, boot in Safe Mode and run DDU to remove all the drivers. After that, reboot the PC in Normal Mode and then install the latest drivers you downloaded. Take the PC for a "test drive" and see if you're still getting the same kernel error. If so, repeat the sequence for running DDU and this time, install the previous version of the drivers to test for stability.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229683

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice