Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PC won’t connect with HDMI and says no signal

Tags
hdmi pc build
434 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Tanis 
#1 ·
Hi, i’ve posted this on reddit too so i’m just gonna copy and paste this here lol

i’m gonna start by saying that I have relatively no PC build knowledge, and that this is a PC that I literally found for free on the side of the street so bare with me. I’ve managed to get the thing on and working and found the right power cable, and everything seems like it should be working. But when I connect to a monitor, it recognises there is something that’s plugged in but just says ‘no signal.’ I actually spoke to the guy who threw it out and he said that all it needs is a hard drive? like i said, i don’t know much, but surely a hard drive shouldn’t mean that a HDMI cable won’t work. i’m guessing by his response that the PC isn’t broken and is useable, but idk what to do and any help would be appreciated!

I feel like the solution is something really simple but as someone who again knows nothing about hardware I just can’t figure it out

#2 ·
Hello and welcome to TSG!!

ave you got any other options, such as VGA, to connect to the monitor?

#3 ·
thank you!
i've been looking around for something like that (i wouldn't know what else it's used for, but i have millions of cables about so chances are i've got one) and if i find one lying around i'll try. do you think that using an alternate method like a VGA cable would work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.