PC won’t display on TV anymore

WerewolfKid

So I have been using my pc with a tv as a monitor for a while but today I turned on my PC and it wouldn’t show up on the TV. I tried A lot of different things to try to fix it but nothing worked. I hooked up my pc to a small monitor to see if it would work and it did. I dont think it’s a problem with the HDMI cable. My guess is that the PC isn’t recognizing the TV or vice versa because the TV’s HDMI shows that nothing is plugged in.

cwwozniak

Chuck
I tried A lot of different things to try to fix it but nothing worked.
Unfortunately, none of us here know what you tried. Please let us know what you have tried so that do not propose the same solutions.

What are the brand and exact model number of the TV?

What are the brand and exact model number of the computer and/or any video controller card plugged into it?

plodr

Liz
the TV’s HDMI shows that nothing is plugged in.
That indicates that either the HDMI port on the tv is bad or the HDMI cable is bad.
I dont think it’s a problem with the HDMI cable.
How did you come to that conclusion?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online