Pc won’t turn off and no video

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DogeLord

I just installed a new Ryzen 5 CPU and messed with the motherboard a little bit and now it turns on, doesn’t turn off, and has no video. Please help. By the way I have a Gigabyte B450M DS3H

Not sure what 'messed with' means, but here is the CPU support list for Gigabyte B450M DS3H:
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-rev-1x/support#support-cpu
Click CPU Support. Find the model # of your Ryzen 5 and note the 'Since BIOS Version' column. That's the BIOS version you will need to run that CPU. If it is newer than what you have, you will need to put the old CPU back in, update the BIOS, then replace the CPU again.

DogeLord

Not sure what 'messed with' means, but here is the CPU support list for Gigabyte B450M DS3H:
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-rev-1x/support#support-cpu
Click CPU Support. Find the model # of your Ryzen 5 and note the 'Since BIOS Version' column. That's the BIOS version you will need to run that CPU. If it is newer than what you have, you will need to put the old CPU back in, update the BIOS, then replace the CPU again.
I have a 5600g and the bios for that is F61 but the 3 3200g is 40 so I might have to update the bios

Lockeyp

Ean
Hi DogeLord, it may be as simple as a sticky switch, to release the switch if it is a push-button one you may have to prise it out with a knife, but be gentle with it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts