Pc won’t turn on and I have tried everything

Mystlondon

So I turned of my pc a week ago and came back yesterday to see the motherboard light on but nothing else I go to turn on the power button but it does work so I do trouble shooting steps such as checking ram gpu etc and I go to the shop to buy a cmos battery and change it and when I do it turns on for 2 hrs then i turn it off to go to bed and come the next morning and it’s completely off accept the motherboard light so I change the battery AGIAN and it doesn’t work. Does anyone have a idea of what’s wrong please let me know asap

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hello and welcome to TSG!!

Have you tried to reseat all the cables, especially the power supply cables? Disconnect everything except the power supply and monitor and try it. Is your motherboard/CPU capable of displaying video without the GPU?

Run the TSG system info utility and copy/paste the results here so we know what we're dealing with, please:
https://static.techguy.org/download/tsginfo.exe

Mystlondon

Hello and welcome to TSG!!

Have you tried to reseat all the cables, especially the power supply cables? Disconnect everything except the power supply and monitor and try it. Is your motherboard/CPU capable of displaying video without the GPU?

Run the TSG system info utility and copy/paste the results here so we know what we're dealing with, please:
https://static.techguy.org/download/tsginfo.exe
I reseated all the psu cable and have found one way to turn on my pic which is to spam the power button wait 30 mins and it turns on but that’s not the best way so when I hop on i will run the test and msg the results

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online