1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC Won't Boot After Installing New Graphics Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Snowyflakes, Jun 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Snowyflakes

Snowyflakes Thread Starter

So after Installing new Graphics card (Afox Geforce G210 DDR3 LP EOL in my Pc it wont boot i only see the Big circle main Light while the small red one don't which usually blinks when my computer is working. We already look inside and every fan is spinning including the fan in the Gra)phics card. We already try a lot of things and still don't know the cause Monitor is just pitch black and i hear no sounds because i don't have Internal speaker. So yeah we bought this Afox Geforce G210 it doesn't have power port you just need to insert it in the Pci-e slot so I put it in the Pci-e Slot x16 which is the single slot this motherboard has. We already bought 1080 Monitor and it still didn't work, disabled the Display adapter "Intel" and uninstalled it's past drivers, Also Boot in Safe Boot Minimal, Changed the Bios setting PEG/PCI and the Dram from "auto" to "800", Removed the Ram and Cmos battery, and it can't be Power Supply because we have a "700W" power supply and We already brought back the Graphics card and it works in their Pc . And yes we did put the Vga cable in the Graphics card and tried to put it on the Motherboard and still no luck :( , is this because of the startup because mine is on selective which should have been Normal

My Specs:
    Pentium Dual-Core E6500 2.93GHz
    Onboard Graphics: Intel GMA 4500
    Trying to use: Afox Geforce G210 (DDR3 LP EOL)
    Fortress 700W PSU
    Foxconn Motherboard G41MXE-G41MXE-K (Bios: American Megatrends inc. 080015 9/30/2010) Do i need bios update?
    because the one in motherboard manufacturer website is for 64bit *its a hard life :)
    Monitor: Benq GW2270 (1080)
    Windows 8 32bit

2. lynx1021

lynx1021

You did move the monitor cable from the onboard graphics port to the one on the G210 card ? A G21o is a low end card so it shouldn't' over tax your motherboard. You need to put the dram back to Auto , can you see the bios screen with the monitor plugged into the card? Are you saying Selective start up in msconfig? That could be a problem if you have some necessary services disabled. Couldn't find anything on your power supply, is it a ROSEWILL? If not it maybe one of those over rated Chinese generics. Just because it says 700 watts doesn't mean it is, Need at least a bronze certified.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    THIS appears to be the graphic card that you purchased.

Your motherboard does have a PCI Express x16 slot for adding a graphic card.

---------------------------------------------------------------

4. lynx1021

lynx1021

You said
    , your processor only runs at 533Mhz (DDR rate 1066)and I don't think you can run you memory faster than your processor. That will keep it from booting. Who told you to mess with your ram while installing a video card? If you cant get into the BIOS , you may have to do a CMOS reset to go back to factory defaults. Is your PEG Port set for AUTO? If not it can disable the PCI-Express 16 slot.

5. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    lynx1021 is correct.
    Your motherboard supports DDR3 RAM with a speed of 1066 MHz.
    If you install faster speed RAM(i.e. 1333 MHz, 1600 MHz), it will still run at 1066 MHz.

---------------------------------------------------------------

6. Snowyflakes

oof well firstly uhmm do i need my "msconfig" to be at Normal startup? , yeah we did put the monitor cable to the graphic card but still no response and tried to put the monitor cable to the onboard graphics but still no luck. For the "Power supply" i think it's ok because we see that every fan is spinning including the fan in the Graphics card.

And as for the "Graphic card" we already got it changed the New one they gave works in their Pc so i think its not a faulty card

ooff didn't know that because i heard in a forum like this that it might be the "Dram" they said the dram must set to Xmp profile and since i don't have a xmp profile they said "if you don't have a xmp profile you can set it manually by yourself" but i only have in Dram [Auto or 800] so i picked 800 but i will put it back to auto, and some also said removing the ram and putting it back in works on other people so i tried it also but still no luck.

Does that mean i can't run my Graphics card because my motherboard can't run it?
    Thanks for the replies tho appreciated it :cry:

7. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Capture.JPG

Do NOT select "Normal startup".
    If you do, your ENTIRE startup list will be enabled and will load and run in the background.

------------------------------------------------------------------

8. Snowyflakes

oh ok i can't change it anyway thought my Pc is not working properly

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!