1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC won't boot at all :(

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Sulaman, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sulaman

Sulaman Thread Starter

Hi Guys,

I have been having a problem with my computer.
    I was running Windows XP on it, and has two HDD's in there. One had the OS, and the other was just a data drive.

Recently, it just stopped booting up. I turn it on, and then it wouldn't even start loading Windows, just a black screen that stays there, until I reboot again...and the same thing happens. I tried to repair Windows, but that wasn't working either.

I downloaded Slax, and booted up from that, an I was able to access my data drive, but could not access anything on the main drive, even though it can read it I presume, because it says that 81% of that drive is full. So that must mean the drive is functioning correctly?

I used Active partition recovery, and I was able to see that I could read the files on the main HDD which has the OS installed. So i assume that the HDD is in fine working order.

I have been searching around the net to find a solution and I think somewhere I read that it could be a "partition" problem..and then I could repair the installation after I fix that issue. Although I need some more help in regards to this.

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704274

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice