Pc wont boot, fans work, no beeps

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Stoneybridge

Hi, wonder if anyone has any ideas.....

1 day my PC wouldn't turn on lights on fan on CPU and grx card but just sits there not doing anything, brief flash of power on on the keyboard and that's it, monitor says no signal....

So far I've tried:
New power supply, new motherboard, new ram
Second hand CPU, old gfx card which worked fine last time i tried it, 5 new buzzers..
Different HDMI cables and monitors, power cords.

I can basically make up 2 PCs with the parts and both of them will not work with exactly the same problem.

The specs are :

Old motherboard gigabyte ga-78LMT socket am3+
New motherboard As rock 970 pro3

CPU old and second hand Amd fx 8350

Ram old 2x corsair vengeance 8gig.....
New 1x hyperx 4 gig

Gfx old gtx 1060 6gig
Tried with gts 250 and onboard gfx on old mobo new doesn't have onboard

Power old corsair hx 750w
New aerocool 600watt bronze (had good reviews on Amazon)

So guess the next step is another CPU unless anyone has any ideas on how I could prove a part is broke? Really doing my head in :(

What would be the cheapest socket am3+ CPU I could buy to try?

Thanks.

Both cpu's your tried are the same 8350?

What type of cpu cooler are you using?

Do your have the RAM sticks in the correct slots for each mobo and are they firmly seated?

Do you get any beep codes?

Stoneybridge

Both cpu's your tried are the same 8350?

What type of cpu cooler are you using?

Do your have the RAM sticks in the correct slots for each mobo and are they firmly seated?

Do you get any beep codes?

Yeah it's an old build maybe 5 years, power up with 2x cobbled together parts both have the same fault, tried putting the two 8 gig ram sticks in any position ........the new 4 gig stick in a1, b1, a2, b2....whatever ......nothing...

no beep codes at all.....

the cooler is a
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO . and has worked fine the last 5 years lol

Last edited:
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO . and has worked fine the last 5 years lol
Great cooler...I have 2 of them.

After all that swapping are you sure you firmly seated all cables to mobo from psu? Also making sure you have all the power cables connected...ie CPU 4/8pin power cable.

I'm inclined to think it's still a psu problem.

Stoneybridge

The only thing that's the same is using the cases on/off switch......either that or a part I've bought by sheer coincidence has the same fault as what it's replacing......

Think I'll try shorting the pins for the power switch tomorrow and maybe get a PCI tester card from Amazon / eBay or summat

Which is what?

The FX 8350 the case and the builder. It's either the processor, how it's being seated, or how something is not hooked up properly and/or the case has an issue in which case (pun) you power up the system manually and best to do it outside of the case on the mobo box.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online