Pc won't boot from dvd reader

Why doesn't my new pc boot from dvd reader

• I don't really know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think i know what the problem is.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zeeg

Hey guys, so I need ur help ASAP as I just built a pc and got it in full working order I got in to the bios and everything seems to be working and my HDMI cable is connected to my graphics card and I can see stuff in screan which means it's working too only problem though is that my pc wont boot from dvd/blue ray reader and so I can't install windows. I thought it might be the reader so I tried an external one but still the same problem it just ignores my boot priority and goes to bios again after showing blimping dashes on the left side. So plz I'm in serious need any help would be appreciated

Thnx

bobs-here

Bob
an Fkey can bring up boot order on bootup. F11 key does it on mine and shows the Fkey on post. try toggling the eufi boot to legacy, in bios and see if that helps.

crjdriver

It would really help if you posted all of your exact system specs.
Next is the optical drive IDed correctly in the bios?

I worked on a laptop a while back nd I had to change the eufi boot to legacy in the BIOS to get it to change the boot order to DVD/CD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online