1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC wont boot up after installing new PSU

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PurePurple5, Jul 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PurePurple5

PurePurple5 Thread Starter

I was having problems with my PSU (it would switch my pc off if i would try to load a game up and making a grinding noise) so i buy a new PSU and install it all correct and my PC wont turn on it spins a fan and flashes a led for miliseconds but does nothing. so i thought maybe a faulty PSU so i reinstall my old PSU but now its doing the same thing. HELP please :(

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all, no one has any idea what hardware you are running OR what pw supply you installed. In order to help you, you need to post a LOT more info. Post the following; exact motherboard, exact cpu, exact video card, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

3. PurePurple5

PurePurple5 Thread Starter

sorry, Its..

ASUS M5A97 R2.0 Am3+ motherboard
    AMD Fx 9590 CPU
    AMD Gigabyte Windforce R9 280X
    12gb Kingston ddr3 RAM
    60gb Yukun SSD
    WD Blue 500gb Hard Drive

Was a EVGA 600w 80+ white and want to switch it to a Aerocool Integrator 700w 80+ bronze
    This was a pre build i dont know too much about PCs but i know a little just not enough to know what the problem is

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229901

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice