1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC won't Boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AMD2800, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AMD2800

AMD2800 Thread Starter

HI everyone,
    I have a PC
    motherboard Asus P8H61-M with windows XP works great it has a network on board but I needed to put another network card so I got a PEX100S PCIe it work great but I put this computer to the side to work in another project when I try to come back to this PC it will not reboot at all no bit anything..all component are new so I was kind of lost so I start to unplug everything and plug the basic stuff well everything work great except when I put this network card...
    Any idea what is going on. I have another card just like it and the same thing happen.

Any help would be appreciated
    :confused:

2. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    A little punctuation would make your post a bit easier to read.

If you have on-board Ethernet, why did you feel the need to add an adapter card? I know I've done it in the past because the Broadcom NIC on my Asus m/b seemed a bit sluggish. I saw a noticeable difference with a 3Com PCI 10/100 card installed!

3. AMD2800

AMD2800 Thread Starter

I am sry about the punctuation.
    This PC talks to a machine through a network cable and the second card was so it can talk to another PC that share files.
    I could try another network card and see what happen.
    I just thought it was a setting on BIOS or something..!

Thanks

4. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    No problem, it was just harder to read and interpret.

The second PC is not on the same network? I share files among my computers on my home network all the time.

I don't know if you can disable the PCIe slots, or set them to some speed (or other setting) that will render some cards unusable. Had you been tweaking things in BIOS setup?

5. Amenzul

Amenzul

Hi AMD2800,

I also bought Asus P8H61-M(LX) with cpu i3-2100 but i just can't install Windows XP, my PC keep crashing when windows installation is about to scan my HDD to copy files on it; well it freeze up, then restart by himself after about 5mins.

So i wanted to know, how did u manage to install windows XP with that MB ?

Thanks.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029861

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice