1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC won't boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sovnchrom, Aug 17, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Sovnchrom

Sovnchrom Thread Starter

Hi! So, around a month or 2 ago my PC accidently fell, killing hard drive and graphic card. I now have a replacement for both, but now, for some reason, it won't boot.

When the card and hard drive first died I had to figure out what exactly was damaged. I tried another "half dead" 960 card, which at least shows a monitor screen, even if distorted. It worked, I could see the windows 10 settings/reboot screen, and thought the motherboard is fine.

Back to present the PC now won't boot. Only the fans are spinning and a couple other silent noises.
    So far I have tried:
    - different power supply cables in different sockets, all which have worked before
    - removed and cleaned ram
    - tried 3 different graphic cards
    - tried 2 hard drives, one of which is the broken one
    - plugged the monitor cable into the motherboard, also no signal

I have to note that each hard drive does have a different Windows version (broken one 7, replacement has 10)

Sadly I don't know the exact BIOS/Motherboard, all I can say it's MSI and it's rather old.

I also don't have a booting sound such as a beep, or anything else really.

Thank you!

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

If you plugged the monitor into the motherboard video and get no screen, then the motherboard is damaged. ( assuming that the monitor does work )

Sovnchrom likes this.
  3. Sovnchrom

Sovnchrom Thread Starter

Makes sense as I did also plug it into the TV with HDMI with no signal either. Is there any way to know how it got damaged or where? I'm quite confused on how it got damaged, since I haven't touched it or moved it ever since I tested it last month, where it still has been working.

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    You said the PC fell. That apparently damaged more than you thought.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231620

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice