Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pc won't boot

830 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  crjdriver 
#1 · (Edited)
So my pc was on and i didn't do anything and all of a sudden my pc turns off. it starts but my monitor says no signal and my keyboard won't light up. also other usb things won't work. i have checked that all the cables are on the right places. motherboard's ez debug light is on vga and the light is white. I tried the parts on a different motherboard and the same thing happened but the other motherboad's ez debug stays on cpu. I updated bios and did cmos cleanup. Also gpu fans are spinning for a while and then it stops. the gpu isn't broken because i tested it on my friend's pc and it worked.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Motherboard: Asus ROG strix B450-F gaming II
2nd Motherboard: Msi MPG gaming carbon wifi B550
PSU: Corsair RM 750X (new)

#2 · (Edited)
Do some basic troubleshooting;
1 System OFF and pw cord removed from the pw supply
2 Pull the pw connectors from ALL drives; both hd and optical
3 Disconnect any usb device ie printer, hub, whatever. Leave the keyboard connected
4 Pull out any add-in cards ie sound, lan, raid, etc. Leave your video card installed however do reseat the card. Note there is a latch that must be depressed to pull the video card out. Do not just yank it out; you will break something
5 Reseat both atx and aux/cpu pw connectors
6 Reseat ram
7 Clear cmos or as asus calls it RTC using the clear pins
8 Replace pw cord and pw ON. If the system completes POST, then shutdown and start connecting devices one at a time until you find the failed part. If the board will not POST in the above config, you will need to swap parts with known good units; ie ram, pw supply, video card, motherboard

#3 ·
Do some basic troubleshooting;
1 System OFF and pw cord removed from the pw supply
2 Pull the pw connectors from ALL drives; both hd and optical
3 Disconnect any usb device ie printer, hub, whatever. Leave the keyboard connected
4 Pull out any add-in cards ie sound, lan, raid, etc. Leave your video card installed however do reseat the card. Note there is a latch that must be depressed to pull the video card out. Do not just yank it out; you will break something
5 Reseat both atx and aux/cpu pw connectors
6 Reseat ram
7 Clear cmos or as asus calls it RTC using the clear pins
8 Replace pw cord and pw ON. If the system completes POST, then shutdown and start connecting devices one at a time until you find the failed part. If the board will not POST in the above config, you will need to swap parts with known good units; ie ram, pw supply, video card, motherboard
i have done all of that stuff and still it won't boot. everything is new except the cpu.

#4 ·
Well then, you have your answer right in front of you. IF you have replaced ALL parts ie ram, motherboard, pw supply, and video and it still does not work, then the only thing left is the processor. Generally processors do not fail and in fact they are pretty hard to hurt unless you physically damage it during installation OR overclock/overvolt the processor. In this case, if you have already replaced ALL other parts, that leaves only the processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.