1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pc won't charge

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by adeleke5140, Sep 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. adeleke5140

adeleke5140 Thread Starter

Screenshot_2018-09-11-16-24-39.png Screenshot_2018-09-11-16-23-31.png My pc has been dead for quite a while probably 2-3months now. It all started when I was charging it. The cable was ok, but the led light would flicker on and off. Finally, the battery was down completely and now it doesn't even charge again. I removed the battery and plugged it but it still didn't come up.
    Here's the information I could get from the back of the pc,

HP Notebook - 15-r106nia (ENERGY STAR)
    Product: K0X73EA#BH5
    Model: 15-r106nia
    Serial: CND50908D4
    I was running windows 10. 4gb of ram, 500gb rom, dunno if it's SSD or HDD.
    Please, I need help.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

Usually, there are three points of possible failure to check. First, is it a battery issue? I see you removed this and tried to power on over AC, which didn't work. I would recommend removing the plug from the AC adapter, holding down the power button on the laptop for at least 1 minute to drain the capacitors, and then plug the AC adapter in again. Try turning on the laptop and then see if that works.

If it doesn't work, it's possible the AC adapter is faulty and needs replacing, or it could be the DC power jack in the laptop. When you mentioned the LED flickering on and off, that suggests to me either a component was on the point of failure or an adequate connection wasn't being made between the adapter and the laptop plug.

3. adeleke5140

I tried the first step you recommended. Still doesn't work.

4. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

Have a read of this page, which helps outline some of the checks to do for physical damage. It's possible either the AC adapter or the DC jack is damaged, and a close inspection of the adapter may yield some clues. However, it's difficult to say from what we've discussed thus far. Do you have any local computer stores who would be willing to check these for you?

adeleke5140 likes this.
  5. adeleke5140

I took it to a computer technician, he gave me an a bill $35.81 that's the dollar equivalent to my currency. I haven't gone back though to ask. Are there some questions you think are important that I should ask?

6. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    What did he check for the $35 amount?

7. adeleke5140

Well, I've got a broken hinge, and a lot od wires that leads to the monitor have ben cut by something. The broken hinge section is also near the in-built Wi-Fi adapter so I think it's affected too. To fix that it's $22.04 dollars and the PC isn't receiving power, it isn't charging either and to fix the power panel it's $13.78

8. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    If the broken hinge cut monitor wires, it might also have cut the wifi-adapter wire. Some charger ports use wires so those might have been cut as well.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216377

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice