1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

pc wont connect to monitor; pc randomly turns off

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chazimo, Sep 7, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. chazimo

chazimo Thread Starter

so a couple days ago my pc was running completely fine. Prior to this, i ordered another 8gb stick of ddr4 ram for my pc. when it arrived, i turned off my pc, opened the pc and installed the second ram stick. But when i tried to turn the pc on, it would just say "signal not found" And now when im doing tests trying to get it to turn back on, the PC randomly turns off and after a second or two it turns back on. I know that it has to be something wrong with the computer because when i plugged the exact same monitor into my old laptop, it worked perfectly fine.

I have already tried removing my gpu and putting it back in, cleaning my ram, removing my new stick of ram and more. I am now looking to buy a new pc part to help fix my problem.

Most of the people I have talked to have said that it is either my motherboard or my power supply. Any advice is greatly appreciated

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

Questions: Is the RAM you bought the exact same as the original installed? Did you use an anti static wrist protector when installing new RAM stick? Are you getting in beeps when it powers on?

3. chazimo

chazimo Thread Starter

its not the same as the original, and i didnt have a anti static wrist protector but it was grounded + completely unplugged

4. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

That might be your issue right there. As for being ground....you have to be grounded, hence the antistatic wrist band. You may have given your PC a ESD (electrostatic discharge).
    https://www.computerhope.com/esd.htm

5. chazimo

chazimo Thread Starter

would i have to buy new parts / a new part to fix the problem? im at work so i cant read it right now. Thanks!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1232682

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice