1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved PC wont detect ANY inputs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Chickachow, Aug 15, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Chickachow

Chickachow Thread Starter

All of a sudden my PC which had been working for a year without issue had a blue screen then failed to detect any inputs at all. Monitor, mouse, usb drives even an elgato all failed to work. I'm not sure whats going on, the only thing that seems to work is the power supply. Please help!

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Is this a laptop? If so, please tell us the brand and model.

Do you remember what the blue screen error message or error code is ? That would help a lot.

3. exousia

exousia

Just some thoughts as I have had to troubleshoot my computers for the past twenty years.

Did you make this computer yourself or is it a store-bought brand?

IS this a Hewlett Packard or a Dell?

You said PC and I am thinking you have a desktop computer?

Did you hear any beeping sounds?

If that be so open the cover and see if the fan on the processor is working with the power on?

Next, take out the hard drive if you can and put it into an external USB enclosure and see if it spins up.

Now I don't claim to be the best computer tech however these are thoughts that came to mind. I hope this helps at least a little.

4. Chickachow

Chickachow Thread Starter

Found the issue, graphic card is ****ed. Thanks all for reading

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231544

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice