Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PC won't fully turn on

429 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  crjdriver 
#1 ·
Hi, i recently decided to revive a very old pc of mine. I bought it over 8 years ago now, I pulled it out of storage, added a new graphics card and more rams (made sure they were compatible). I turned it on, updated my Windows and drivers and it was working fine. Even played a few games on it. I had it off for about a week or two and when I tried turning it on again yesterday, it no longer boots up. Once I press the power button, the fans start working, my graphics card lights up (the mother board has some led lights come on but that's it. No other sounds or beeps or anything and the monitor doesn't show that any input is coming through.
I rechecked the motherboard connections, rechecked the rams and that everything is properly slotted, but nothing changes. Not sure what to do next or how to find out which part is faulty (if it is).

#2 ·
OK, you are posting in a hardware forum and no one [other than you] has any idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of the exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.