1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC wont pick up wireless printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by spartan479, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. spartan479

spartan479 Thread Starter

hey,

ill get straight to it, my wireless printer (Lexmark X6675) wont connect to my computer, and vice versa, in fact they dont even read each other.
    i bought a wireless adapter, its REPOTEC Wireless-G USB adapter.
    My computer reads the adapter, but it doesnt connect.

ive tried everything i can think of.

how can i get my computer to read my printer wirelessly?

any clues?

this isnt my strong point..

2. Lord Nikon

Lord Nikon

from reading the instruction manual i found for the printer in question it would appear to require a wireless network (ie. a wireless router) in order for the printer to be connected into it. in other words, the printer doesn't seem to have to capability for you to connect directly to it from your laptop, you would have to connect to it via a wireless network. a link to 3 instruction manuals is below, it is the network guide you will need to refer to for setting up the printer wirelessly, they require adobe reader to view them, this can be downloaded for free from adobe's website. www.adobe.com

User Guide
    Fax Guide
    Network Guide

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/835632