Pc Wont Reboot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ThyGhost

So I built my gaming pc 2 years ago and haven't had a problem till the other day my pc froze mid game. When I restarted it. It gave me the reboot or select proper boot device and I have yet been able to get it to boot up. My hard drive and SSD is still there and I used a usb to see if maybe windows just needed to be repaired but it won't let me put windows on either the hard drive or ssd snd it still won't reboot

plodr

Liz
Then something is wrong because you PC doesn't recognize that the ssd is bootable.
select proper boot device
That says it all.
It might still physically be in the computer so either the ssd has failed, the cable is bad or the Windows install is corrupt.

ThyGhost

Then something is wrong because you PC doesn't recognize that the ssd is bootable. That says it all.
It might still physically be in the computer so either the ssd has failed, the cable is bad or the Windows install is corrupt.
So do i just wipe the ssd to get rid of the corrupted windows

crjdriver

No, you find out what the problem is first then proceed.
Connect the ssd to a working system and test with the ssd mfg's toolbox. IF the drive is healthy, then you can reinstall it in your system; clean install windows.

ThyGhost

No, you find out what the problem is first then proceed.
Connect the ssd to a working system and test with the ssd mfg's toolbox. IF the drive is healthy, then you can reinstall it in your system; clean install windows.
I have no way of testing the ssd but when I try to install windows back onto the ssd after its been cleared ir says no partition, and wouldn't create one so I went into the command prompt and it gave me an error after trying to create a partition for it

crjdriver

You can take the drive to a shop and have them test it for you.
Another option is to use your spin or mech drive. That can be tested with the drive mfg's diagnostic. You would need the boot or dos version.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online