pc wont recognise network

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Hutton24

Ok basically i have a desktop computer which i hook up directly to the router , anyway its coming up as an un identified network on network and sharing area , and when i select "connect to a network it only shows a PPoE Connection . I tried replugging the ethernet cable and it comes up an error message "windows has detected an IP address conflct" i really dont know how to handle this soo any help is much appreciated . Thanks.

what is the ip of the computer when it is connected to the modem? what is the ip of the computer when it is connected to the router? what are the model numbers of the modem and laptop? thanks :)

Hutton24

The ip address off the router is 169.254.75.190 & the modem is 192.168.0.1 . the modem model number is E08C013.00 & the pc wont give me the model number but its a packard bell iPower .Thanks :)

Try doing an IP release and renew. Open Command Prompt by pressing the Windows Key + R then type CMD. Type ipconfig/release then ipconfig/renew.

Hope this helps

Hutton24

when i try to release and renew is says something like " the operation failed as no adaptor is in the state pemissible for this operation," :(

etaf

Wayne
post back a screen shot of device manager and an ipconfig /all

------------------------------------------------------------------------
{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X

post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here

{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste

This may be a silly thought but is the WORKGROUP name the same? I know I had an issue one time and this was this issue. Not sure it is relevant!

Michael

Do you have your TCP/IP settings as DHCP or Dynamic? Go to control panel then hit network and sharing center. Click on View Status then Properties, double click on Internet Protocol Version 4 TCP/IPv4 and tell me if it says "Obtain an IP address automatically" if it doesn't click that circle. Let me know.

etaf

Wayne
change it to obtain an ip automatically
Setup to Automatically get IP and DNS

FOR XP
To setup PC on XP to use DHCP
follow these instructions - if wireless - choose the wireless connection
http://www.srikanthkoka.com/lan.html

Setup to Automatically get IP and DNS - FOR vista
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Change-TCP-IP-settings

FOR windows 7
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Change-TCP-IP-settings
From a TerryNet post
To configure a dynamic IP address on your Windows Vista or 7 computer:

1. Click Start.
2. Select Network, then Network and Sharing Center, and click Manage network connections or Change adapter settings from the list of tasks.
3. Right click the connection of interest and click Properties.
4. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) from the list and click the Properties button.
5. Select Obtain an IP address automatically.
6. Select Obtain DNS Server address automatically.
7. Click OK.
8. Click Close.

Hutton24

iv done that nothin happened , its almost like its rejecting the network completely .

etaf

Wayne
post another ipconfig /all - try and copy direct into the reply

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online