1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC won't recognize Fuji memory card reader

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by KENNY, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KENNY

KENNY Thread Starter

My PC...Win XP...won't recognize my card reader. I've reinstalled it several times, but it keeps telling me that the USB isn't connected. It beeps and lights up when I plug it in, but the "Download Pictures" window doesn't appear. Any ideas?

2. Moby

Moby

When you say re-installed do you mean the software that came with the reader? It's easier without. XP should just recognise the reader as an extra drive in my computer when you plug it in without any software.
    Is it recognised in 'my computer' when plugged in. It should be a 'removable disc' in my computer, or words to that effect.

3. slipe

slipe

Do you have any other operating USB components? If you do, try the operating component in the slot you are using for the card reader. As Moby says, you should have gotten a message the reader was being installed by Windows when you first plugged it in.

Did the instructions for the card reader say to install the driver for XP?

4. KENNY

KENNY Thread Starter

Thanks, guys. I can get the pics by opening the removable disc in "My Computer" The software does say to install on XP, but I don't need it. Funny, while it's displaying the pictures, and I hit "Get pictures from camera or....." it still says that it can't connect to the camera...check to see if it's on and plugged in. Oh, well.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273409

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice