PC won't recognize Fuji memory card reader

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KENNY

My PC...Win XP...won't recognize my card reader. I've reinstalled it several times, but it keeps telling me that the USB isn't connected. It beeps and lights up when I plug it in, but the "Download Pictures" window doesn't appear. Any ideas?

When you say re-installed do you mean the software that came with the reader? It's easier without. XP should just recognise the reader as an extra drive in my computer when you plug it in without any software.
Is it recognised in 'my computer' when plugged in. It should be a 'removable disc' in my computer, or words to that effect.

Do you have any other operating USB components? If you do, try the operating component in the slot you are using for the card reader. As Moby says, you should have gotten a message the reader was being installed by Windows when you first plugged it in.

Did the instructions for the card reader say to install the driver for XP?

KENNY

Thanks, guys. I can get the pics by opening the removable disc in "My Computer" The software does say to install on XP, but I don't need it. Funny, while it's displaying the pictures, and I hit "Get pictures from camera or....." it still says that it can't connect to the camera...check to see if it's on and plugged in. Oh, well.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online