PC won't recognize SSD stick

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Droxus

Hi, When building my first PC a couple months back, I installed an HDD and an SDD, and since then I assumed things were working fine, until I noticed recently that I only have one disk on the task manager showing. Sometimes it reaches 100% despite there not being almost anything open. The SSD is also displaying a consistent red LED light, which proves that it's getting power. I tried checking BIOS, device manager, task manager, and the drive manager but nowhere did my SSD show up. I tried reinstalling the SSD but still the same issue. What should I do? (Also I'm fairly new to PC building, so do be patient with me lol)

The SSD: https://www.newegg.com/mushkin-enhanced-pilot-e-1tb/p/N82E16820226901?Item=N82E16820226901
The Motherboard: https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813157999?Item=N82E16813157999

Specs:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 19043, Installed 20210613202454.000000-300
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10400F CPU @ 2.90GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 165 Stepping 5, CPU Count: 12
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: Radeon RX 580 Series
Hard Drives: C: 1862 GB (1138 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASRock H570M Pro4, s/n M80-E1005401203
System: American Megatrends International, LLC., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Antivirus: Norton Security, Enabled and Updated

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Your log does not show the 1 TB PCIe NVMe SSD.
It only shows the 2 TB SATA HDD.
Which drive did you install Windows 10 Pro 64-bit in?

Do both drives appear in the Disk drives heading in the Device Manager?
Do both drives appear in the BIOS setup screen?

By the way, you should get rid of Norton Security and stick with Windows 10's built-in antivrus app.
Windows 10 can have various issues when using a third-party antivirus app.

-------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Couriant

James
@flavallee the user has indicated that the drive is not being recognised in the BIOS or Device Manager. :giggle:

@Droxus I would suggest doing a RMA with Mushkin as I sounds like the drive is defective, unless you still have a return policy with NewEgg or wherever you purchased it.

Droxus

@flavallee the user has indicated that the drive is not being recognised in the BIOS or Device Manager. :giggle:

@Droxus I would suggest doing a RMA with Mushkin as I sounds like the drive is defective, unless you still have a return policy with NewEgg or wherever you purchased it.
What does RMA stand for? And yeah, my newegg return policy is past date so I can't return it.

Droxus

Your log does not show the 1 TB PCIe NVMe SSD.
It only shows the 2TB SATA HDD.
Which drive did you install Windows 10 Pro 64-bit in?

Do both drives appear in the Disk drives heading in the Device Manager?
Do both drives appear in the BIOS setup screen?

By the way, you should get rid of Norton Security and stick with Windows 10's built-in antivrus app.
Windows 10 can have various issues when using a third-party antivirus app.

I did get rid of Norton awhile ago, but it showed up in the pc scan still for some reason.

Couriant

James
I missed seeing that comment in post #1. 🤓
I'm making more coffee. ☕

Add a few espresso shots. You notated the HDD as 2GB… changed that for you too ;)

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What does RMA stand for?
Return Material/Merchandise Authorization. It is usually required when you return defective material to a manufacturer/distributor, It is a number or code of some sort that ties your (usually) support case to a particular piece of equipment with a specific serial number.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online