1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC won't send to printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by eenicholson, Mar 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eenicholson

eenicholson Thread Starter

Mar 17, 2010
    so last week mid-print of the month end files my computer stopped sending messages to the printer at work. we thought it was the old printer's fault. today we got a new printer. turns out my computer won't talk to any printer.
    specs: Dell inspiron 1720 laptop, dual core processor, 1.5Ghz ea, 2m ram, Vista 32 bit, no windows security, using only router firewall, wireless network through linksys router, printers(4): 2 HP, 2 Samsung.
    printers tried both with USB connection and wirelessly. each new printer plugged in installed it's driver software and said complete. tried multiple other drivers downloaded from HP and samsung sites. used the disc with computer at home. newest printer shows up on network and works perfectly with both desktop and laptop computers in the office. I have added the printers using control panel>printers>add printer. cannot add printer in network and sharing center>view network devices>add a printer, or >add a wireless device. I have unplugged and restarted everything. I have updated windows. I'm at the end of my knowledge on the subject. please please puhleeez does somebody see what it is I'm missing?
  2. Hughv

Jul 22, 2006
    This is really hard to read due to the lack of capital letters indicating the beginning of a new sentence.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/910885