PC wont shut down

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

clmowers

Hello everyone, Im working on a pc that wont shutdown. It has windows XP pro sp2 with all the updates and all the drivers updates. It has the lastest BIOS. Whats happening is when he trys to shut down, it will freeze on the screen, "windows is shutting down". I have run for spyware, adware, and virus and found nothing. I tried to disable everything in msconfig, and did the diagnostic startup with no luck. I was thinking mabey it had to do with the APCI, but that seems to be ok. If you go into the DM and check the computer is shows, APCI mutiprocessor. So in that since eveything seems to be in order. Im thinking that it has to do with a system file or something. But im not sure what file that would be. Any idea?

clmowers

Thanks for the post. I have that enable. But i did figure out what it was. It was the driver for the Zboard. Which is a gamers keyboard. Once i removed the driver and unplugged the keyboard everything was fine.which was the main reason i was working on the computer. The pc wouldnt install the driver. It keeped freezing on the install. So the driver was really never trully fully installed. Which is what was hanging the system. Thanks for you help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts