PC Specs:
CPU - amd ryzen 3600
Motherboard - msi tomahawk b450 max ii
Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe Internal SSD Solid State Drive
1 TB SATA HDD
GPU - rtx 2060
windows 10 pro
cooler master 650W gold

Issue: pc started up, but monitor says no signal and keyboard does not receive any power. Mouse is okay. receiving power and lighting up. I have to long press power button to force shut down pc and switch it on again, only then will the keyboard and monitor receive a signal and the monitor will show that the pc is starting to boot up.

my old pc and its parts were replaced by the parts listed above, except the HDD, so my new pc and its parts are new except for the HDD (which has my files and old OS) is new, i installed windows to my new SSD, and whenever the computer boots up correctly, it asks which OS to use, and i select the one in the SSD (i assume thats it, because when it starts up, the desktop is new, without any of the programs from my hdd.

See less See more
#2 ·
" I have to long press power button to force shut down pc and switch it on again, only then will the keyboard and monitor receive a signal and the monitor will show that the pc is starting to boot up. " this means that the cable connection between the gpu and the monitor is fine in case someone gets that question

#3 ·
Looking over the specs for that motherboard, I see there is a recent BIOS update. You don't mention the BIOS revision, so that is something to look at. Also, MSI has an AMD chipset installer. Did you install that when you installed the OS?

I know this might seem obvious, but it is worth mentioning. Are you sure the monitor is connected to the RTX 2060, and not the video port on the motherboard? That could be a simple thing to miss.

#4 ·
How recent was this BIOS update? because i bought the motherboard around a month ago.

Also, im not sure what you mean by AMD chipset installer? Do you mean the dvd that came with the motherboard? I was told I just needed to click update drivers in the Device Manager in the settings.

Also, yes the HDMI cable is connected to the rtx 2060 and the monitor. The whole time that it doesn't show anything on the monitor, to switching it off and switching it on again for it to actually work and start displaying something on the monitor, i did not disconnect or move the hdmi cable anywhere else.

I apologize if I am not the best in describing my situtation and am not that knowledgeable,this is my first PC

#5 ·
Hi Inoski,

Just because a laptop or desktop motherboard was a recent purchase does not mean the latest software was installed. Many times the hardware was on shelves or in warehouses some length of time before being sold. The direct answer to the question of BIOS age is that the latest BIOS is dates 19-04-2021.

I see the MSI has something called MSI Center. I would think that will look at your PC and evaluate if there are things that need to be updated. If you have MSI Center installed then see if that can guide you through maintaining the MSI software and hardware. If you don't have MSI Center installed, it is available on their website. The MSI link for your laptop is here: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX-II#down-utility

Ultimately, the problem you are describing reads to me as though the motherboard is not starting the GPU, or not initializing the hardware properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.