PC won't start up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

strag

Hello every1;
Ik that this is not a windows 7 problem per say, but I do not know where else to post this.
I'm having a problem with my pc, when I press the power on button, nothing happens, not even start up of cpu or fan.

I know that the problem does not lie in the power supply as I can see a light in the motherboard when I open the case, the light turns off when I take out the power.

Pressing the power on button makes a click sound as well.

What do you think the problem might be?

Just because that light is on it does not mean that your 12v rail is working. Check all the cables that carry power to the motherboard for security, use a strong light and inspect your capacitors for breaks and powder corrosion, use a good tester to test the psu or remove it and take it to a shop for testing.

strag

Well, upon a quick inspection, it does not seem that there are any problems with any capacitors, and, for some reason, they're marked with black ink 😲.

It doesn't look like anything's corroding, but it's very dusty back here. My power LED light on the motherboard works, so doesn't that mean that cables are carrying power to motherboard?

strag

I have a spare PSU, if I switch out my old one, do u think it would work?

dustyjay

Jay
It does not mean the proper power is getting to the motherboard If your spare PSU has the proper connections and sufficient power for your system it will confirm that the power supply is or is not the problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online