1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC wont start up

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by bluebeast, Oct 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluebeast

bluebeast Thread Starter

I have a HP xp789 it has not been started in over a year. When I went to turn it on nothing happens , no lights no fans nothing. I know there could be a number of things wrong any help would be greatly appreciated. Also I was told to check the battery for the bios on the mother board, could that make the PC not start at all?

2. gmh

gmh

why not check the battery, as suggested ?

3. Styxx

Styxx Banned

The BIOS battery only runs the clock and will not prevent the computer from starting so that is a non-issue.

On some computers, despite being plugged in and the power buuton on front pressed, the unit won't start up because there's a additional black toggle-type switch on back of the unit that has to be activated for the front power button to work.

Is this the case with your target computer?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171345

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice