1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pc wont start

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Morpheus1974, Jan 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Morpheus1974

Morpheus1974 Thread Starter

Hi , I exchanged my old motherboard and GPU to my dads pc but I doesnt want to boot. The on/off button wont respond. I tried 3 different power supplies but nothing happens but I found out that if I connect pin 16 (green) and black both ps fan and the CPU start spinning. But it just doesnt run with the on/off switch not even when I connect both pins from the switch using a screwdriver. Any ideas ?????

Specs

Asrock z68m/USB 3
    PS Be Quiet 300 watt
    GPU MSI Radeon HD 6670
    2 gig ram
    Intel CPU 3,2 ghz socket 1155
    SSD 120 gb

All specs used to work together

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, no one [other than you] has any idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of your exact system specs; include both systems.

3. Morpheus1974

Just edit my post

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Did you by chance install this board in a big box case ie dell, hp, etc?
    Since you get no response from hitting the pw button, what happens if you short the pw switch pins on the board? Have you tried that?

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Since you have onchip video with that mb, pull out your video card. Connect the monitor to the onboard port on the motherboard. This assumes you have a processor that has onchip video. Not all intels do. Since we still do not know what processor you have, it is difficult to tell you if connecting to onboard will work.

6. Morpheus1974

The pc at my work at the moment and yes I tried to short the power switch pins. Might it my bios who is doing this ?? And yes I have onboard Intel hd graphics.

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

No, it is not the bios. More than likely a standoff is in the wrong place OR you failed to plug something in. You never answered; is the case you are using a dell, hp, or other name brand computer case?

8. Morpheus1974

Dont know d brand , it's a cheap case

9. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

As I said, most likely you did not install a standoff in the correct position or forgot to plug something in. Did you check that standoffs were installed in the correct holes for the motherboard and no standoffs installed where there was no screw hole in the board?

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222303

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice