PC wont turn on after application of thermal paste

cuhtyy

I recently applied thermal paste to my Asus Rog Scar Edition GL703GE, I dont think it was the way I applied the paste, but maybe I messed something up in the process and I dont want to try to mess with something that is totally okay, I think it might be because I worked on It on a carpet(for some reason) but ive trouble shooted for static build up but that doesnt seem to work

Attachments

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You may have to re-connect the screen before it will switch on.

If it still doesn't work post a picture with the fans etc removed showing the thermal paste.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What don't you understand ?
The picture part is to see if you applied the thermal paste properly.
In your picture the screen is not attached, connecting it may be necessary for the laptop to switch on.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Ok, it looked like there was no screen attached in the picture.

If you're sure you applied the thermal paste properly check you plugged both fan cables and the battery connector back in all the way.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If you used a guide to dismantle the laptop post a link to it please.
If not describe in detail exactly what you did.

Did you disconnect the battery before you removed the fans ?
Make sure the ram sticks are fully into their sockets if you removed them.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I did not remove battery before the fans tho
Hopefully that won't matter but it's a good rule to disconnect the battery before doing anything else.

All I can suggest it to re-check everything, connectors, screws etc.

I found this which shows the motherboard with the fans removed at 9:00, did your application of thermal paste look similar ? You only need enough to cover the die (the raised silver coloured part) with a thin coating.

cuhtyy

Yes, I only used a pea sized dot to spread across my cpu and gpu, maybe even less than he did just to make sure, I am pretty positive that all screws are tight, but im not sure if any screws are missing, because alot of them were never installed into some of the screw slots. Im not sure if I messed something up or not, Is it possible to check from the picture i showed, or would you need a video of the computer?

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I can't tell if anything is wrong from your picture.

I doubt more pictures or videos will help but you can post them if you wish.

Is there no sign of life when you switch it on, no lights coming on or sounds like the fan(s) spinning up ?

cuhtyy

No, no sound, no lights, nothings activating at all, if it would help I could show heatsync off and the connectors if that would give any info , but if not thats fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online