1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pc won't turn on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lawrence3, Oct 5, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Lawrence3

Lawrence3 Thread Starter

My pc won't turn on. I have tried everything the internet has said like checking inputs and cables from power supply to mother board but nothing seems to work. I also received Some advise from a friend telling me to press a power button on the mother board but this also did not work. If anyone could give any help I would appreciate it alot.

2. SeanLaurence

SeanLaurence

First Name:
    Sean
    Simple things first: you did check that the electrical outlet is supplying power yes?
    It is pretty common for the computer power supply to fail.
    They are not to expensive or difficult to replace, provided that it is a standard sized unit.
    What is the make and model of your computer? Does the power supply have a make and model?

3. Lawrence3

Lawrence3 Thread Starter

I built the The pc myself and I believe the power supply is a Corsair cx750m model.

4. SeanLaurence

SeanLaurence

First Name:
    Sean
    So, it sounds like you would be capable of testing with another known good power supply.
    Hopefully you have access to one, otherwise, buy one from a retailer with a good return policy.
    If it is not the power supply, then it may be the motherboard's power handling circuitry.
    You must have a premium motherboard for it to have an on-board power switch.
    Have you ruled out that the power switch on the case is not the source of your problem?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1233859

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice