1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC works at store, not at my home...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Neash89, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neash89

Neash89 Thread Starter

Hi there guys,

So, I have seen a similar post to this, but mine seems to be slightly different, so here goes :/

Here is my system:

INTERNAL
    Windows 8 (64bit)
    NVIDIA GTX 650
    Intel i5 3330
    2 TB Harddrive
    TP-Link Wireless
    ASUS motherboard

EXTERNAL
    Logitech wireless mouse (USB)
    LG LED 23" e2350 monitor (HDMI)
    Apple Keyboard (USB)

On the 30/01/2013 the computer I ordered from MSY (Australia) was available for pickup. Now, the guy at the shop, when showing me that everything I ordered was inside the computer, tripped and accidentally kicked the box. The front fell off and he put it back on and it was working fine.
    Now I took it back to my house, plugged it in, and within 10 minutes, it froze.
    Tried again, within 30 seconds it froze.
    That afternoon I took it back to the shop, it worked fine. I was puzzled, they were puzzled. The guy re-installed drivers and re-installed Windows 8...
    Took it back home, plugged it in, opened up internet explorer and boom, froze.
    31/1/13 I did some digging and found it may have been the monitor or graphics card, I removed the monitor and plugged another one in, still froze.

I have also tried it at a friends house and it apparently worked fine, but I only turned it on for 5 minutes or so. I have also run it without the keyboard AND mouse and it still freezes :'(

I am literally pulling my hair out over this, does anyone have suggestions as to why a computer would work at the store and not at my home. I am starting to think it may be a power issue?????? but why would it last 20 seconds-(rarely) 30 minutes. There is literally no programs installed, its how it came out of the box :(

2. Lucky09

Lucky09

Hi,
    That's pretty strange... When it's home, what are you doing when it freezes? Is it as soon as you turn it on? When browsing internet? or anything you can recall.. Try using your computer with nothing else connected to it but the monitor, keyboard and mouse. No internet, no printer, no USB drives, no CD/DVDs, etc.

3. Neash89

Neash89 Thread Starter

Hi,

I've tried running it with only the monitor plugged in and let it load straight to the windows 8 home screen, give it 3 minutes or so, it'll freeze :/

What's getting me is that it's completely brand new, everything; my monitor, computer, mouse, keyboard. And also Everything else in my house that is electrical works fine :( the guy at the shop thinks I'm an idiot because he doesn't believe me that it doesn't work at my home, but works at their shop :'( I honestly don't know what to do

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087795

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice