PCAnywhere 9.2 / Windows XP compatibility?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MRBEE

I just purchased a new computer (major mistake!) with XP installed. Now my Symantec PCAnywhere 9.2 program won't work. My research indicates that only the latest version, 10.5, will work with XP. However, that was an old message. Anyone know if there is now a patch or something to enable version 9.2 operable in an XP computer?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I know of no patch, and it's unlikely that they'll update it for the older version, since they've moved on to version 10.

There are free alternatives to PC Anywhere, check out tightVNC for a very decent remote control utility.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts