1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

pcAnywhere

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by kanders, Jan 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kanders

kanders Thread Starter

Does anyone know how you would connect to a host using pcAnywhere if the host is a client on a server based network that is using Internet Connection Sharing? Since the LAN uses ICS, it is also using NAT so I'm not sure how I would connect to a client on the inside of that network. Thanks for any help.

2. esdxc37

esdxc37

you have to put pcanywhere on both machines and you get the option to be host or remote(client) on either machine

3. Mithrilhall

Mithrilhall

Lets see if I understand you correctly.

You want to connect to a computer that is a client on a network that you are not connected to, correct?

Does that network you're trying to get to the client through have a firewall up? If so, do you have access to that firewall? If you do check your firewall manual for forwarding ports and do just that to the computer you want to connect to.

I forget what port PCAnywhere uses but lets say it's 4890. You would forward all incoming request on port 4890 to the IP Address of the computer you want to connect to (such as: 192.168.1.101, 192.168.1.1,.....)

I hope this helps.

4. Rockn

Rockn

Set up the host PC as the PCAnywhere gateway.

5. kanders

kanders Thread Starter

Mithrilhall,

You are right. I will be outside the LAN trying to get past a Windows 2000 server that is using NAT due to its Internet Connection Sharing being enabled. The host is on the other side of this server. Do you know how I would forward all incoming requests from a certain port to the host IP address on a Windows 2000 server? Thanks for your help.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66250

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice