1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PCI 2.1 Slot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Skip-E, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skip-E

Skip-E Thread Starter

Hi I bought a graphics card that I was pretty sure that is compatible with my pc.
    Here is a link for the graphics card :
    http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-512-P1-N...2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1311051376&sr=1-2

It says it requires a PCI 2.1 Slot and I know that PCI 2.1 slots came out in 1995.. My pc is a 2005, model D300a Insignia. So I'm wondering if it has a PCI 2.1 slot and if it does how do I make my card work?

What I did as my first step was
    -I installed it
    -Went to BIOS
    -Changed the integrated to PCI.

Any suggestions?

2. Sparticus039

Sparticus039

Not exactly sure what slots your motherboard has, but you should be fine as long as it has a PCI 2.0 slot. You may not get the max speed from the card, but it should operate.

If your having issues with the card aside from that, your power supply is most likely to weak to support it or you have an outdated driver. I'd first update the driver (cause that's free) and if it still does not work, I'd suspect the power supply is the problem.

3. Skip-E

Skip-E Thread Starter

Well I believe the driver is fully updated... It said that it cant find a better update for the graphic card so I suppose it's full...

At first my power supply that I had was pretty low but I got a new one from a friend, it should be either 410 watt or 450 watt he told me it's 450 but on the power supply it says 410 :p
    The card says it needs "300 watt or greater power supply with a minimum of 18 amps on the +12 volt rail."
    The power supply says 23 amps on the +12 volt rail.

Their has to be something else that I can do... I have the components I believe and I went to BIOS and the only thing that it shows me is the "Insignia" screen (where I go to the BIOS when pressing F1) and then when it stars loading at "Windows" after it loads I cant see anything but just a black screen...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1008067

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice