1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PCI and PCI -E Issues!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jcl91827, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcl91827

jcl91827 Thread Starter

I have a dell optiplex 755 with 2 PCI hookups and a PCI-E. I hooked up a GE-Force FX 5200 and was running the motherboard to a lcd and the FX to a plasma. Worked fine......then I hooked up a GE-Force GT 8600 and now I get a blue screen saying it's messed up......I Want to run the lcd with the 5200 and two plasmas with the 8600 but it seems like the PCI card and the PCI-E won't work together...I have been told they do by tech support..but.........and I'm running XP.......everything else is intalled right- drivers etc....and the onboard motherboard graphics is disabled?? Should I just install two PCI's with Dvi's to run the plasmas and use the lcd off of the motherboard...any ideas thanks.....John

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!