1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PCI Bus Master IDE Controller

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rayan, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rayan

Rayan Thread Starter

Hello everyone...

I found your thread on Google... So I decided to join the conversation...

I have a similar problem, but my notebook just does not boot anymore... BTW, I was running Windows XP SP1 for quite some time without problems.

A few months back, I noticed that the Battery was not lasting but a few minutes but decided not to buy a new battery since I'm always near a power oulet. Then all of a sudden it just didn't boot.

At first I thought it was a HDD problem because Win XP showed me a BSOD every time I tried to boot and it said something about the HDD being damaged...

I popped the HDD out and tried it on another Notebook and in fact it appears to be damaged.

I bought a new HDD and tried to install Windows XP on it and it failed on the format partition step and then BSOD came up saying the same error.

I managed to get in the BIOS tests and everything came up just fine except the same error described before. And I took the battery out while in the testing area and performed a motherboard test again and the error disappeared, so that means that's in fact a battery problem error message.

But do you think this has anything to do with my HDD problem?

I also noticed that you can not turn the Notebook on without the battery pack inserted (bad design idea)...

Do you think that a New battery might fix things? even though I don't find any relation to my HDD problem... :(

TIA...

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

You also usually have to remove any modem cards or network cards....
    Laptops also may use a hibernate partition, for some this may be a requirement....they usually have a utility to remake the hibernate partition, which is a very small NON-DOS one, then you make a C: drive as one partition or divide disk up further....please post the make and model of the machine involved.
    The thread you replied to is almost a year stale by the way, we dont really mind, but you should have just started a new thread in a forum such as Hardware....you can do that now, or stick with this one, up to you unless moderator moves you.

EDIT- I recently worked with a Dell notebook with no Windows...
    I found the Dell site extremely helpful, much the same for about any brand of computer- you have to prepare and use the directions. You probably need to change the first priority boot drive to your CDROM, pop the XP CD in, and it should take it from there...BUT you also may have to as I said, remove certain PC cards or it will wreck the install. Please post the make and model of the computer, OK?

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Let's do a move, since this is such an old thread ;)

4. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Rayan---Hi we are over here!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172232

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice