PCI card causes performance problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

vkilljoy

Dear friends,

I've bought recently a PCI card USB 2.0 for my PC running window 2000, trying to add USB 2.0 ports to work with a USB 2.0 flash disk.
After I installed the card, it was correctly recognized and in my device manager I can see the VIA USB Enhanced Host Controller.
Then I connected the USB flash disk and it was recognized correctly. I transfered some files from and to flash disk and everything was fine.
When I disconnected the flash disk, then the problems started. My computer went down in performance noticeably. It seems that something slows it down. Since then, I've been trying to figure it out but no result.
Have you heard anything about this before ?
Thanks in advance.

vkilljoy

Dear friends,

it seems that the problem was caused by the VIA chipset the card had.
I tried a different card with NEC chipset and it works fine.

Just as well your figured it out gunga din, I wouldn't have had a clue!
Some kind of driver incompatibility. The NEC cards do work well!
qldit.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I've had real issues with the VIA and Ali USB cards, I stick to the NEC chipset now. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online