1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PCI conflict

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by windowswoes, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. windowswoes

windowswoes Thread Starter

Hi folks.
    I am re-posting my problem because I was mistaken in thinking it was solved.

I replaced my PCI card with Microsoft MN-130, the old one crapped out. I worked with Microsoft Tech support to get it running properly. Everything was great and re-booted several times during system cleaning and spyware operations.

When I boot I am receiving the following error:

Resource Conflict: PCI Adapter 01 Bus: 00 Device:03 Function:00

I pressed <F1> to ignore it and now I have no sound.

Not sure what to do if I press <F10> and enter BIOS.

I thought I had corrected the problem by reinstalling the driver for sound card. It was working fine until reboot, then I got the same error message.

I'd really appreciate your help!
    Regards-
    Dominick

2. griffinspc

griffinspc

The easiest possible repair would be to put the card into another PCI slot.

Not knowing the history of your earlier posts and Microsoft's contribution, I'd try this first.

EDIT: By the way, if you are running a sound card and not an on-board audio chip you could try moving the sound card to another slot too.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172103

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice