1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PCI device stalls win XP in startup

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by vatku, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vatku

vatku Thread Starter

Hello,

I bought a TwinhanDTV PCI digital TV card and I have problems installing it to my system. Every time I plug it in, windows freezes in login. Couple of times windows didn't recognize the card and I could log in, but neither did the installation software. So I looked in device manager, and it told that the device was Multimedia Controller. I removed it from the system and tried to install it again, but the software still didn't recognize it. And I tried to automatically find the device, and the system found it as ATI TV Wonder video capture device, and crashed the system!

So what's wrong and is there any method how I can force the system to find this device correctly?

My system is:
    Win XP Pro SP2
    Asus P4P800deluxe
    P4 2,4 GHz Boxed 800 MHz
    2x512 MB [email protected] hyperthreaded
    ATI Radeon 9200 (not VIVO)
    2 CD-drives
    2 hds
    floppy drive

Many thanks for any hints!

Markus

2. matt_aj

matt_aj

I would contact their tech support on this. They will know a lot more about this specific card.

3. vatku

vatku Thread Starter

I have sent a message to their technical support, but unfortunately these Korean companies aren't that eager to answer to emails. The only solution seems to return the card back.

4. ezymony

ezymony

Try a different pci slot it may be irq conflict.

5. flynstone

flynstone

6. vatku

vatku Thread Starter

I was thinking of IRQ conflict too, but I tried to reduce the devices to as low as possible, took all the cards away and tried all the pci slots, but it didnt't work. I have downloaded the newest drivers, but I can't install them, because the system won't recognize the card correctly. So I think the card is probably broken. :( Too bad, because they are out of stock everywhere and the only possibility is to return it back.

Thanks for help anyway.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!