1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PCI driver not found

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bossmanrick, Jul 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bossmanrick

bossmanrick Thread Starter

When I ran windows for the first time. Not all drives were detected. I keep on getting

PCI communications Device driver not found
    PCI Ethernet Controller driver not found
    PCI ethernet Controller Driver not found
    PCI multimedia Device Driver not found

How can I fix this....???? any one have any Idea's >>>> What I am I doing wrong....:eek:

2. norton850

norton850

Looks like you need drivers for your modem, network and audio card. Please provide more information like make and model of your system, OS, did you just build this or reformat???

3. bossmanrick

The computer was given to me. It is an old one but has potential. It was also build by someone else. when I got it, I installed a new hard drive and partitioned and formatted it. I installed windows 98 and everything went great until it started to detect the drivers for the modems , sound and ethernet. Is there a way for me to find the drivers or do I need to replace the modems, sound and ethernet cards. If so how do I do this ?????

4. seekermeister

seekermeister

You probably do not need to replace the hardware. The first thing that you need to do is to identify each piece of hardware that needs drivers. The surest way to do this is to open the case, and find the brand and model numbers of each. With these, go to each manufacturer's website and find the drivers needed.

5. norton850

norton850

You can download Everest to get info about your system. http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181
    It's also possible that one or more of the missing items in an onboard device. In that case you would want to go to the MB manufacturer site to get the drivers. You can tell of course by seeing if you have separate cards for these devices.

6. bossmanrick

Ok, the ethernet port is a" network everywhere model number nc100"
    AS for the sound, it has something to the effect of "AMF on top of it." No other number's?
    any Ideas??????

7. norton850

norton850

Did you try Everest?

8. bossmanrick

Not yet, I'll try it today....Give me a few and I'll post a reply>>>>......

9. Rich-M

Rich-M

You might try running the full Windows Update from the Start Menu as manuy of these copuld be found in the driver section.

10. bossmanrick

Ok, I was able to load Everest and check my system. Found Device Description Type
    Linksys NC100 Fast Ethernet Adapter PCI--Loaded the driver for this Ethernet

Device Description Type
    Davicom DM9102 Fast Ethernet Adapter PCI--need to find driver for this Ethernet

I was able to load the driver for one now I am trying to find the driver for the other.
    The sound card is in the mother board and I need to find the driver????Here is the discription of the Motherboard----
    Field Value
    Motherboard Name PCChips M599LMR

11. bossmanrick

I have another problem ? When I connect to the internet it stay up for a sort time and then it wont let me log back on. I am connected thruogh a cable modem. I have to restart windows in order to log back on.

12. SacsTC

SacsTC

13. bossmanrick

Ok, Thanks for all the info. all of you gave me.::) I was able to load all the drivers and now everything is up and doing very well. This old PC turned out to be a great old PC. I've downloaded all the updates and found out why the internet keep cutting off on me. It was right in front of me and well :eek:

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487873

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice