1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PCI-E Contact Pins...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by damion87, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. damion87

damion87 Thread Starter

Hello i received a new Geforce 8600GTS (EVGA) card - i brought it from ebay from a international seller - When i received the 'New' product i noticed it didnt come in an original box - and the CD was a copy - That's not the issue really so i will get on with it lol :) i noticed the pins (contact pins) on the board below and the small pins on top (i think its the SLI pins not sure) are very discoloured - any advice on what to do now or how to clean them - Thanks for all your help. Damion. :D

2. Parkman

Parkman

Use a pencil eraser to clean the Card contact. A new pencil preferably. After you get the debris off use a dry cloth to wipe it clean. Sounds like you got shammed on the "newness" of the card :(

3. win2kpro

win2kpro

You can clean the pins with electrical contact cleaner. Personally, if I received a product that was supposedly "new" without the box and original CD you have to be suspicious.

The discoloration of the pins MAY and I say MAY have been caused by the card being overclocked, and run too hot.

4. damion87

damion87 Thread Starter

It worked! - Thanks for everyone for their help in this matter!!! :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/617347

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice