1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PCI-E In Use

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by garystan, Aug 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. garystan

garystan Thread Starter

Hi everybody :
    I just ran a diagnostic on my System, and, for the PCI slots the result stated "PCI-E In Use ". I don't understand this result. Because there's no cards in any of the slots. garystan

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    What diagnostics did you run? Post a full report or a screenshot from it. Also post the exact mode of your computer and/or hardware. Without any real details we really can't even begin to guess or help you understand the results.

3. garystan

garystan Thread Starter

REPLY : As for MODE, I think it's NORMAL (not SAFE) mode. I ran SPECCY. But, I'm not sure HOW to attach a snapshot of the results to my reply. garystan

4. garystan

garystan Thread Starter

triple6 :
    Here is the screenshot. garystan

Attached Files:

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    If you do not have a graphics card, wireless card, or any other type of card in any of the PCIE slots then Speccy is simply showing incorrect results, it happens. On my computer it shows all as available when that's not true either.

6. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

It's probably reading the mobo aspect of the slots....because it's picking up the volts on each slot and the actual slot number. So it might be a sensor related or something like that.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213996

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice