1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pci Modem Identification

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TioMikey, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TioMikey

TioMikey Thread Starter

Hello,
    I am new here, so bear with me if I goof this up, ok? I've been using cable internet or DSL connections for a few years, and somewhere in the past have pulled my regular 56k modem from my machine. Well now I've bought a fax program, and need to re-install a PCI modem. Problem is, I have 3 or 4 of them laying around with no software. Is there anywhere I can go to ID one of these modems, and obtain the drivers for it? It seems modem manufacturers never put their names on the product.
    For example, I am now looking at a PCI modem with the following info on it.
    On a bar-coded sticker, on the reverse side, I find:

56v14hsf(rockwell)

On the front side, the large square chip has the following printed on it:

CONEXANT
    RS56/SP-PCI
    R6793-11
    B93188.7
    0004 MEXICO

Does this make any sense to anyone, or could anybody steer me in the right direction? I would REALLY appreciate any help with this.
    Thank You All For Your Time,
    Mike
    [email protected]

2. active95

active95

If you happen to see an FCC ID , great you can go ahead and get to fcc.gov site and use the Search ID feature to find out the manufacturer of the modem. Then get to there web site and under tech support get the drivers for it. Another thing that you might wanna try is www.driversguide.com and try to look for a Conexant RS 56 driver. Might not have all the "bells & whistle " but it should work for faxing.
    HTH

3. TioMikey

TioMikey Thread Starter

Dear Active,
    Thank you so much for your wisdom, Yoda. I DID find a sticker on the face of the modem that reads:
    FCC Part 68 Registration
    No: 1JBTAI-25959-M5-E REN:0.7B
    FCC Part 15 ID: IFAXDM56V14H
    Load No. 12
    Made in Taiwan

Which part, or all should I use?
    Thank you again, You saved me $'s and much aggravation.
    Grasshopper

4. active95

active95

5. active95

active95

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172063

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice