pci multimedia audio device...?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ChfTx

Micron computer.....P2, 400MHz, 64RAM, Win98........

Has motherboard integrated audio, but when I got this computer, it also had a sound card..........reformatted the hard drive and installed win98.......

when the sound card is in, it works but can't load drivers for the motherboard audio....no problem, who needs 2 audio systems an one computer....right?...........removed the sound card, rebooted and mb audio loads all drivers.......life is good (don't understand why someone had a sound card in there in the first place....weird

now to my question.....PCI Multi Media Audio device can't find a driver from Win98.........I'd download one if I KNEW WHAT HECK I WAS DOWNLOADING ONE FOR?!.....everything works great....sound, joystick, music from the cd............

What is this PCI Multi.....?..Why do I need it?..What does it do?..How can I get rid of it?....(The only info I can skim from the computer is........"PCI Multi..............."

thanks all!!

The integrated sound chip uses the PCI buss it must be one of the components of your sound chip like a voice modem, or a MIDI/Game port, MPU42 emulation, etc.

If all is working fine then you do not need it. It is just the onboard audio like you said. Essentially you should be able to disable that in your BIOS. If not then I really would not worry about it.

MysticEyes

Banned
..life is good (don't understand why someone had a sound card in there in the first place....weird
Some people find on-board audio suits their needs, others will add a SC for better sound and for gaming with less CPU utilization.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts