1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

pci multimedia audio device...?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ChfTx, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ChfTx

ChfTx Thread Starter

Micron computer.....P2, 400MHz, 64RAM, Win98........

Has motherboard integrated audio, but when I got this computer, it also had a sound card..........reformatted the hard drive and installed win98.......

when the sound card is in, it works but can't load drivers for the motherboard audio....no problem, who needs 2 audio systems an one computer....right?...........removed the sound card, rebooted and mb audio loads all drivers.......life is good (don't understand why someone had a sound card in there in the first place....weird

now to my question.....PCI Multi Media Audio device can't find a driver from Win98.........I'd download one if I KNEW WHAT HECK I WAS DOWNLOADING ONE FOR?!.....everything works great....sound, joystick, music from the cd............

What is this PCI Multi.....?..Why do I need it?..What does it do?..How can I get rid of it?....(The only info I can skim from the computer is........"PCI Multi..............."

thanks all!!

2. pronute

pronute

The integrated sound chip uses the PCI buss it must be one of the components of your sound chip like a voice modem, or a MIDI/Game port, MPU42 emulation, etc.

3. dzones

dzones

If all is working fine then you do not need it. It is just the onboard audio like you said. Essentially you should be able to disable that in your BIOS. If not then I really would not worry about it.

4. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

Some people find on-board audio suits their needs, others will add a SC for better sound and for gaming with less CPU utilization.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170973

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice