1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PCI Network Adapter problem in Vista - Not recognizing drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by abdesrau81, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abdesrau81

abdesrau81 Thread Starter

Hello,

I have purchased two PCI Network Adapters and for each I have received a "The device is not configured correctly (Code 1)" error in Vista's Device Manager when trying to manually locate and add the drivers, either from the software accompanying the adapters or from the companies websites (I have tried products from Linksys and Belkin). After hours on the phone with tech support ppl, who were conviced the software I got was corrupt--not true-- I think it might be best to install a new OS (revert back to XP) because I want results.

Has anyone been able to find a way out of this predicament in VISTA?

Please note I have tried the basics, i.e. going to Device Manager and trying to search for the drivers or manually add them from software or company's website. No matter what I do, I get an error message indicating that the drivers can't be found - even if I have "browsed" to them!

Thanks very much all

2. Callum_Dawson

Callum_Dawson

When browsing for them make sure "Include Sub-Folders" is ticked and search "C:\". That might give you a much better chance of locating them. As for Internet locating you can't really change how it scans for that. Maybe a disk came with your hardware containing the Adapter's Drivers.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/862731

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice