pci parellel card

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

retired96

I have a 4 year old parallel printer (Okipage 6W). I just bought a new Dell desktop which only has USB ports. I tried to use a parallel port to usb adapter. It didn't work. Someone told me to order a PCI parallel card. This will put a parallel port on the back of my computer and that will allow the computer to see the printer and all will be right in the world. Has anybody done this? If so, what do I have to do besides plug in the card to an empty PCI slot? Thanks in advance.

George

There will probably be drivers involved. If your running XP, it may detect and install the drivers automatically, or you may need to insert a disk. I'm not sure what if any type of bios change you would need something like that. I actually have a few of those cards lying around, but can't recall ever using one. Just don't go overboard money wise to buy a card for a printer that you can probably replace for very little.

retired96

:) Just a note of thanks. I ordered the card ($39) and hope the thing works out. I am not familiar with working in the BIOS. Hopefully all will work out.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I've installed PCI parallel ports on several machines, they've worked out fine.

SirKenin

Banned
I will be doing that tomorrow for a client, and have done so several times in the past. There's no hassle to them and it will certainly solve your problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online