1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PCI Serial Port Driver issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ripcity5, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ripcity5

ripcity5 Thread Starter

Under device manager, I can see in the 'other devices' section that PCI Serial Port comes up and when I try to update it nothing happens. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the problem still shows. Any idea how to fix this? I also noticed because my mic stopped working but everything else seems to be okay.

It also says my device isn't listed and this is what it reads in properties under device status:
    "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28). There are no compatible drivers for this device."

I'd really appreciate if you could help me out I'm completely out of my realm here lol.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    If you're referring to the PCI Serial Port and PCI Simple Communications Controller entries in the Device Manager, you can ignore them.

Those entries also have nothing to do with your microphone issues.

---------------------------------------------------------------

3. ripcity5

ripcity5 Thread Starter

Thanks. Now I'm curious as to why my microphone doesn't work when speaking. I can hear the audio on my headset but now for whatever reason my mic isn't working when I speak. It was working just fine a month ago so I'm not sure what happened. I uninstalled my sound and reinstalled, but still not picking up anything from my mic. When I troubleshoot it says mic isn't plugged in but it is. Please help

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all, no one [other than you] has any idea what hardware you are running nor what operating system you are using. You need to post your exact system specs.

5. ripcity5

ripcity5 Thread Starter

Apologies, newbie here. Let me know if there's anything more specific you're looking for, I've never posted here before.

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31260L @ 2.40 GHz, 8gb ram, 64-bit operating system.

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

There are a lot of 64bit operating systems; linux, windows, uniux, what?
    Next if this is a dell, hp or other big box system, post the exact brand, model# and service tag# Without this info, no one can really help you. We need to know what operating system and what hardware you are running.
    On the home page, you will see help. Click that then click valuable links. You will see the TSG utility. If you run that, it will give most of your hardware. You can copy/paste the output here. This is the easiest way to get the info.

7. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Download and save the TSG System Information Utility (SysInfo.exe) file.
    After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
    Information about your computer will appear.
    Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

-------------------------------------------------------

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1211052

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice