1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PCI Simple Communication Controller Error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by RockXP, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RockXP

RockXP Thread Starter

Greetings Fellow Techies

I have a Dell Lattidue D410 laptop that is giving a PCI Simple Communication Controller Error. The error is showing up under "other devices" in the Device Manager.

I updated the modem and chipset drivers with no luck. This is a brand spanking new laptop. Any ideas what could be causing the problem and how to resolve it?

Thanks

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

What error is it giving you? You can usually open up the device to see if there is a IRQ or address conflict. Is the network card working?

3. RockXP

RockXP Thread Starter

Yes the NIC is working. When I right click on it and go to the Resource Tab, i see the following

"this device isn't using any resources because it has a problem.

Im not getting any error messages. It just when I boot up it says it picks up a new hardware and when I try to find the drivers it doesnt pick it up.
    When I go to the device mananger it gives the me pci simple communications controller error.

Thanks

4. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Look at the Resources tab and see if there is a conflict. If there is, use the Troubleshooter.

5. norton850

norton850

If you don't see any conflicts (XP is usually pretty good about this) uninstall it and reboot and see if Windows reinstalls it correctly. Does Device Manager have anything listed under the Modem heading?

6. RockXP

RockXP Thread Starter

Issue resolved. I just rebuilt the laptop with a ghost image which fixed the issue.
    I would have like to have see if I could fixed the pci error just in case it happened again.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/445163

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice