1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PCI Simple Communication Controller issues

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by shanellb, Jul 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shanellb

shanellb Thread Starter

Hi,

I am trying to fix my moms PC. She was having a problem with the PCI simple communication Controller. I went to the Windows site And Downloaded the modem driver and burned it to a CD because her computer couldn't get online.

I followed the instructions and the white Balloon came up and said PCI Simple Communications Controller Installed and it had a green checkmark next to it.

I clicked on the bubble and it said...

"PCI Simple communications controller Pending..."

I then went to the device manager and it didn't have "modem" listed but it did have other devices and under it was the PCI simple communication controller and it had a yellow bubble with a question mark in it. I the clicked properties and it said...

"The device is not configured properly. (Code 1)
    there is no driver selected for the device information set or element."

Did I do something wrong or did I forget to do something?

any and all help will be HIGHLY appreciated!

Thanks in Advance!

2. TekTime

TekTime

Could you please post the make and model number of the computer in question?

3. shanellb

shanellb Thread Starter

She has an EMACHINE W3653

4. TekTime

TekTime

You mentioned you went to the "Windows site", did you go to the emachines driver page and choose your drivers here?

5. shanellb

shanellb Thread Starter

It's the same compressed file as on the windows site.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1007828

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice